Fidelity Acoustics RFM3 loudspeakers
- Two-way, transmission line, floor standing loudspeaker.
- Drive-units: 1″ ring radiator soft dome tweeter, 2 x 5 1/4 ” cone pulp/composite low frequency unit.
- Sensitivity: 85dB/W/m. Impedance: 4 ohms nominal.
- Dimensions: 43″ (1092mm) H by 9.5″ (241mm) W by 14″ (356mm) D.
- Weight: 48 1/2 lbs (22kg).
- Finishes: Cherry, Dark Walnut, optional finishes available at extra cost.
- Manufactured in Canada
The electrical characteristics of the speaker make it only mildly challenging to low powered 50w – 75w vacuum tube amplifiers, yet the high power handling of the premium drive units make the RFM-3 the ideal choice for high powered power amplifiers in the 200w -300 w range.
Using the most advanced Danish made Scanspeak drive units in a simple two way configuration means that it is able to focus music in the most beautiful way. Its crossover has been developed to eliminate the time-domain distortions that are related to interactions between high- and low-pass filters, sometime referred to as crossover jitter. The results are improved dynamic speed on percussive musical instruments.
A lot of attention has been paid to cabinet solidity, leading to low levels of coloration and resonance. The RFM-3’s are sonically explicit and musically expressive, with excellent drama and scale.
Transmission bass loading is used. An immediate reduction of “boxiness” results in a high transparency and very low coloration.
Please inquire for availability and shipping.