2-Channel Integrated Amplifier
- 300 Watts x 2 channel
- 8-band tone control
- Comes with DA2 Digital Audio Module installed
- 55% increase in Dynamic Headroom for better music peak reproduction
Music simply comes to life with the MA9500 Integrated Amplifier and its 300 Watts per channel of clean, effortless power. That power is delivered via a pair of the famed McIntosh Autoformer™ whose unique design guarantees your speakers will always receive the full 300 Watts regardless if they have 2, 4 or 8 Ohm impedance. The MA9500 replaces the award-winning MA9000 (SoundStage Network 2018 Integrated Amplifier of the Year; Sound + Image 2019 Stereo Amplifier Award Winner; Stereo Sound 2017 Grand Prix Award Winner) and adds additional performance enhancements to an already outstanding stereo integrated amplifier.
Filter capacity in the MA9500 has been doubled compared to the MA9000 which has produced a significant increase in dynamic headroom from 1.8dB to 2.8dB, giving the MA9500 greater ability to reproduce musical peaks with less distortion. And while the MA9000 featured great low end bass performance, the MA9500's increased filter capacity will also help deliver even more amazing bass playback and control.
While the MA9000 included our DA1 Digital Audio Module, the MA9500 comes standard with the DA2 Digital Audio Module. The DA2 offers 7 digital inputs: 2 coaxial, 2 optical, 1 USB, 1 MCT, and 1 audio-only HDMI Audio Return Channel (ARC)1 connection. The DA2 is powered by an audiophile-grade, Quad Balanced, 8-channel, 32-bit Digital-to-Analog Converter (DAC) that has improvements in both dynamic range and total harmonic distortion compared to the DAC in the DA1. The coax and optical inputs in the DA2 can decode digital music up to 24-bit/192kHz for playback of high-resolution audio. The DA2 has a McIntosh exclusive MCT input that offers a secure DSD connection to any of our MCT series of SACD/CD Transports to deliver the best possible sound quality of the high-definition audio found on your SACDs.
TVs with a compatible HDMI (ARC) output can be connected to the MA9500 to enjoy your TV’s sound like never before through your home music system. Popular multi-channel audio formats from Dolby® and DTS® are supported and will be expertly converted to 2-channel audio for proper playback. The MA9500 remote can control the TV’s power and volume when CEC communication is enabled in both the amplifier and the TV. The DA2 also features increased DSD playback support of up to DSD512 via the USB input. And being a modular design, it's possible to someday replace the DA2 with a newer Digital Audio Module.
The breadth of the analog audio connections is just as impressive as the digital audio connectivity. The MA9500 has 10 analog inputs consisting of 2 balanced inputs, 6 unbalanced inputs, plus 1 Moving Coil and 1 Moving Magnet phono input with separate grounding terminals to connect your turntable(s). Both of the phono inputs feature adjustable loading so you can fine tune the sound of your vinyl records. All unbalanced analog connectors are made from premium gold-plated solid brass for superior signal handling and grounding. All analog and digital inputs can be given custom names for user-friendly system control and configuration. For further flexibility in setting up your home audio system, the MA9500 includes a balanced and unbalanced output that can send the audio signal to another power amplifier.
"Everything sounds vivid and high intensity, so much so that it can almost surprise you... it showed no signs of fatigue when pushing out serious amounts of power... engaging across a wide range of musical genres... should make many prospective purchasers very happy indeed." Named an Outstanding Product. - Hi-Fi News
Upgraded power supply components further reduce noise emissions while also adding more robustness under the most demanding conditions. The MA9500 continues to use powerful control microprocessors for smooth and reliable system operation, as well as some of the latest state-of-the-art audio-grade circuit components to produce the best sound possible.
Our innovative Solid Cinch™ speaker binding posts will let you easily but securely attach your speaker cables to prevent them from coming loose and possibly causing a short; the binding posts are gold-plated to prevent corrosion and ensure a quality signal is sent over your speaker cables to your home audio speakers.
Other McIntosh features included in the MA9500 are:
- Power Guard® that continuously monitors input and output signals and can dynamically adjust input levels to ensure maximum output while avoiding harsh sounding distortion and clipping that could damage your speakers
- Our fuse-less short-circuit protection technology Sentry Monitor™ that disengages the output stage before the current can exceed safe operating levels and then resets automatically when operating conditions return to normal
- McIntosh Monogrammed Heatsinks™ that are made from high quality materials with excellent thermal conductivity and heat dissipation properties
- Home Theater PassThru that allows for seamless integration into a home theater system
- High Drive headphone amplifier with Headphone Crossfeed Director (HXD®) which can bring an added dimension to headphone listening
- A discrete, eight-band tone control that allows for advanced manual analog adjustment of ±12dB in 2dB increments of your favorite recordings at frequencies of 25Hz, 50Hz, 100Hz, 200Hz, 400Hz, 1kHz, 2.5kHz, and 10kHz
- Power Control to send power on/off signals to connected McIntosh components for easy system power up and shutdown
The MA9500 is one of many McIntosh products to receive Roon Tested designation from Roon Labs. As a Roon Tested partner, McIntosh has provided equipment to Roon for testing with a variety of different operating systems and computers, and shared information about its design and capabilities.
The MA9500 is wrapped in the classic McIntosh aesthetic featuring a black glass front panel with LED lighting, a pair of peak-responding blue watt meters, control knobs, illuminated logo, aluminum end caps with built-in handles, and a beautiful polished stainless steel chassis.
- The HDMI (ARC) input will only play audio from a compatible TV. It will not pass video to or from a TV, or play audio from any non-TV source.
The terms HDMI, HDMI High-Definition Multimedia Interface, and the HDMI Logo are trademarks or registered trademarks of HDMI Licensing Administrator, Inc.
Dolby is a registered trademark of Dolby Laboratories.
DTS, DTS-HD, the Symbol, & DTS or DTS-HD and the Symbol together are registered trademarks of DTS, Inc. © DTS, Inc. All Rights Reserved.