The Model A has become the most popular S.E. Shires B-flat trumpet. It produces a brilliant, singing tone with marvelous projection and easy, centered response in all registers. Its centered bell taper produces a focused sound and facilitates projection. The WH leadpipe provides and ideal combination of stability and flexibility; its free-blowing character compliments the centered bell taper. Nickel-silver balusters and valve caps add brilliance and character to the sound, increase its core, and contribute to cleanness and immediacy of attack. This trumpet makes a great choice as an all-around instrument for performance in a wide variety of musical settings.
- Bore: .459
- Model A Bell: 4 13⁄16 inch, one piece, hand-hammered “A” (centered) taper in standard-weight yellow brass with traditionally brazed seam and standard bead
- WH Leadpipe: .347-inch venturi, heavyweight yellow brass—open and free blowing with well defined slots and easy response
- W Tuning Slide: dual-radius bend, standard water key—strong core, brilliance, and presence of sound
- Piston Material: hand-lapped Monel
- Valve Cluster: two-piece casings, standard weight, with nickel-silver balusters
- Lower Valve Caps: nickel silver
- Bell Engraving: S.E. Shires makers mark, model designation, and traditional floral pattern
- Finish: silver plate
Please inquire for current pricing, availability and shipping.